Configurable Aerial Snow Melting Controller LCD-8 100-240 Vac
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Automatic snow and ice melting controller minimizes operating costs
- Automatic voltage selection operates from 100VAC –240VAC
- 24VAC model available for hydronic and building automation applications.
- Max. load 16 Amperes resistive ( 3 A inductive)
- Adjustable hold-on time and temperature set point provides flexibility for a wide range of applications.
- Rated for up to 3 amp inductive loads for pilot duty applications and resistive loads up to 16 amps.
- Weather resistant NEMA 3R enclosure.
- Hold-on timer continues heater operation after snow stops to ensure complete melting.
- Sno-Test™ automatic testing and manual heater cycle for system testing.
- Simple four-wire installation.
- C-UL-US Listed for temperature regulating equipment.
The snow switch model LCD-8 configurable aerial snow melting controller makes automatic snow melting a cost effective alternative in even the smallest applications. Heaters operate at temperatures below the set point, 38°F (3.3°C) default, only when required.
The LCD-8 controller includes an internal magnetic reed switch used for manual heater cycling, as well as configuring the temperature set point and the hold-on time.
The LCD–8 controller operates from either an automatic selecting 100VAC – 240VAC or from 24VAC. These two voltage options combine with the configurable hold-on time and temperature set point to meet the need of a wide number of applications using just two part numbers.
It controlls heater loads up to 16 amps resistive or 3 amps inductive. The operating temperature range extends from -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C). The redesigned, patent pending, rugged polycarbonate enclosure provides excellent protection at temprature extremes, while allowing snow to shed to prevent iglooing over the moisture sensor.
The internal magnetic reed switch allows for both configuration and manual heater operation without the need for external switches, which are susceptible to damage, or the need to open the enclosure.
Verifying system functionality after installation or when troubleshooting used to require spray circuit cooler or ice for controller activation. The Sno-Test™ feature eliminates this need by performing a self-test after power application, and operating heaters in a unique pattern for a few seconds. Reading the test results takes only and AC voltmeter or clamp-on ammeter.
For complete information describing its application, installation and features, please contact us!