KC 0,100 Ohm 250°C
Art Nr: KC100
Range of application:
Keeping pipes and tanks warm
In order to satisfy different application needs, resistive conductor can be made in Copper, Kumanal or Nickel/Chrome 80/20 while the outer sheath can be made in Copper, Cupronichel 70/30, AISI 321 and Inconel 600.
Mineral Insulated Heating Cable manufacturing cycle consists in a succession of drawings and annealing operations; drawing on outer sheath compresses the mineral insulation, which draws homogeneously the conductor.
During such operation, the deformation between sheath, insulation and conductor is proportional and there’s no change in Magnesium Oxide properties and mechanical/electric characteristic of metallic material in the cable.
When Mineral Insulated Cable is installed in the presence of chemical agents, which can start corrosion process on external sheath, this must be protected with high density polyethylene (HDPE) covering; in this case, maximum operating temperature is 105 °C.
Mineral Insulated Heating Cable are manufactured according to IEC 800 and their main peculiarities are:
- Fire Resistance: Mineral Insulated Heating Cables consist of inorganic material, so they can work at high temperature
- Long life: cable characteristics, due to inorganic components, don’t decrease time after time.
- Mechanical Resistance: Mineral Insulated Heating Cables can be bent, handled and installed with any shape without any risk of damaging or changing their characteristics.
- Metallic Sheath: metallic, continuos and weldless outer sheath guarantees an excellent mechanical protection and must be used as protection conductor.
Mineral Insulated Heating Cable is the simplest and cheapest solution for heating problems in building or industrial application and in specific cases they are greatly cheaper and more lasting than self-limiting heating cables
- Cold stores: frost protection of cold store floors and warming of slide-guides for the doors.
- Outdoor surfaces: ice prevention and snow melting on roads, pavements and ramps for garages, parking, hospital and so on.
- Roof and gutters: to keep gutters, downspouts and roofs free from ice and snow.